Our firm is one of the largest providers of accounting, auditing and tax related services in the Southeast for the affordable housing arena, servicing one of the largest syndicators of low income housing tax credit funds in the United States. In addition, we perform audits and tax returns for the operating partnerships, as well as providing them with management consulting services.
Our extensive experience includes the following:
- We provide tax, audit and consultation services to major syndicators who have raised over $1 billion from investors.
- The syndicated investment funds for which we provide audit and tax services have invested in over 1,000 affordable housing operating partnerships.
- The firm has completed hundreds of audits and tax returns of multiple private investment funds whose members are primarily Fortune 500 companies.
- The firm has also prepared hundreds of tax returns for multiple private investment funds which raised over hundreds of millions from investors and invested in hundreds of affordable housing partnerships.
- The firm has completed thousands of audits and tax returns for affordable housing operating partnerships, most of which were performed under governmental auditing standards.
- The firm has performed cost certifications for many projects as required by state housing and federal government agencies.
- The firm has been instrumental in assisting government agencies in setting financial statement presentation guidelines for projects.
- The firm has assisted developers through the low income housing tax credit process with state agencies.
- The firm is a member of organizations that promote and encourage the development of affordable housing. Our partners have been directors/officers of such organizations for many years.
- Our partners keep current on all tax credit industry trends and issues by attending seminars, subscribing to industry publications and consulting with other professionals in the industry.